Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Awards & My New Sewing Space

Firstly a huge thank you to Cennetta at The Mahogany Stylist and Piakdy at The Overflowing Stash for the Lovely Blog award.  Now I am quite late to getting around to these so I am going to cheat a bit on the rules - I have enjoyed reading others top 5 inspirations for 2012 posts so I want to point out 5 that have a bit of a Burda twist in case you haven't come across them already.  This is how my blog reader has an almost unmanageable number of feeds, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  So in addition to the two great blogs above you should also check out;

Aventuras de Costuras - This talented lady not only blogs in two languages she makes some amazing clothes, check out the BurdaStyle designer coat she made here.

Made by Meli88a - A bit of Burda, a bit of Vogue, a lot of everything fabulous, like this electric blue dress.

Sew Skate Read - The monthly reviews of BurdaStyle are superb and I often spot things I had overlooked, or just enjoy sharing a laugh at Burda's moments of madness.  There is even a year end wrap up here.

Chanel no6 - Great writing, as you would expect from an author and perhaps less expected, wearing LBD's in the snow!

Burda Addicts - a collection of reviews of Burda patterns, it's in french but you can see the photos and the pattern numbers which is good enough even if you don't understand a word.

I've made some progress sorting out my sewing room / guest room.  Actually I even tried to palm off the guest sofa bed into my husband's study, but that ended in near disaster with me trapped in the study and the sofa bed wedged in the doorway for about 30 panic stricken minutes!  I don't really have anywhere to put my sewing machines yet, they are just propped on a bay window which makes for very uncomfortable sewing, but It is lovely to have my folding cutting table back out of storage and while not much sewing has been happening there has been lots of tracing and cutting.  I've ordered a desk from Ikea which is due to arrive next Tuesday and then I'll be properly back in business.


I love this thing so much I can overlook the 1990's pine.  It travelled with me from London in 2001 and has spent the last 4 years of it's life in a storage warehouse.  Welcome back old friend! (note the deceptively large sofa bed lurking in the background!)





Um yeah, currently a mess but only till next Tuesday, assuming my self assembly skills are up to the job.

15 comments:

  1. Think of the sofa as your contemplation space:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the rearrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 new blogs to me.....no,no...I have to make not read! LOL. Your new setup looks good and don't worry about putting Ikea together - it is pretty straight forward. Ive done plenty in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about not being able to relocate the sofa!
    Good luck getting everything sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same table. It still has not been put together because I don't see where it would fit in my sewing room as it is. Seeing it in your room reminds me I should find a place for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three cheers for a new sewing space! Sigh. So many great blogs to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the light coming in that window is great for sewing. ugh, rearranging is not fun but looks like a great space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great with the space, it's coming along so well. Happy new year and looking forward to all your beautiful creations once your space is set

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the light coming from that window!
    Thank you so much for mentioning me.
    And, oh! that table. So lovely and spacious.
    Good luck and a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that window!! I'm excited for your new sewing room, slowly taking shape..

    Can you share more about your cutting table please? where did you buy that from?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your sewing table. I am looking to buy one at the moment and having no luck, so I have copied your image/photo and will show it to a cabinet maker. I hope you don't mind. I too live in an apartment and this looks perfect for my room. I am looking forward to seeing your 2013 creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet. It's good to get all your stuff out and start making the place yours. Glad you settling in and getting ready to get back into all your routines. Btw I really enjoyed the blogs you suggested in your award post-some of them were new to and it's always great to come across people that know their stuff and rock it well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Allison, thanks for the shout out on your blog! I have to check out the other blogs you've highlighted... I am flattered to be in such good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel your pain at setting up a new sewing space. Actually, my sewing machine isn't moving, but all of my stash and cutting space is changing so things are a bit of a mess for me right now too. Your cutting table looks amazing though! I bet you will have a lot of fun with that once you are all settled. And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete